A. A support contract offers the following benefits:
- Unlimited telephone, email, and remote support Mon-Fri from 7am-5pm (MST or GMT-7)
- Access to Tier 2 support technicians as necessary
- Install/Upgrade assistance
- Minor report modifications
- Discount for adding logos to reports
- Promotional discounts
Contact our support team about getting a contract today.
A. Our support team can remote into your computer(s), with your permission, and set up and install everything for you.
We are also happy to talk to you and your tech about the best network settings.
A. If you are using the DentiMax Cloud, DentiMax software can be accessed from your Mac computers by installing the Microsoft Remote Desktop application from the App Store and entering the credentials for your user account.
If you have your own server and are not using our DentiMax Cloud, DentiMax can only be used on Windows-based computers.
However, if your Mac is running BootCamp, Virtual Box, VMWare or Parallels and can boot into Windows, you can run DentiMax on your Mac.
A. If you are using the DentiMax Cloud, DentiMax software can be accessed from any Windows computer with an Internet connection (or Mac computers with the Microsoft Remote Desktop application, available in the App Store).
If you have your own server and are not using our DentiMax Cloud, DentiMax can be accessed remotely using a remote connection software such as Splashtop, Team Viewer, Chrome Remote Desktop or GoTo Assist.
This allows you to connect to a workstation in the office from your laptop, provided you have an Internet connection.
A. The Windows Professional version is not required to run DentiMax. See our hardware specifications located here for more information.
A. This is likely because the server IP address has changed.
Server IP addresses change if you don't have a Static IP address, and the server restarts (typically from a Windows update).
You’ll need to verify you're trying to connect to the server at the correct IP address.
To do this:
- First, physically go to your server computer
- Click the Start button
- Type "CMD" to locate the Command Prompt program.
- Then run the Command Prompt program. To do this, in this window, type in "ipconfig" and press enter.
- A section of text will be displayed. Look for the line that says "IPv4 Address"
- Write down the number at the end of the line. It will typically be similar to 192.168.x.x This is your server IP address.
Alternatively, if you know the Name of your server, from any workstation you may run the following:
- In the command prompt, type "ping -4 SERVER" where "SERVER" is the name of your server computer. This will give you the IP address for your server.
- Once you have obtained the correct IP address for your server, open DentiMax and enter the new IP address when prompted.
- Then click ‘Ok.’
You should now be able to open DentiMax with no error.
Payments and Recalls
A. This is likely because the charge is marked as Do Not Bill Insurance.
To check this, open the patient’s ledger and double click on the charge that isn’t showing up on the claim.
If it is marked Do Not Bill Insurance, uncheck it, save the changes, and recreate the claim form.
A. The Day Sheet shows only payments applied to charges while the Deposit Slip shows all payments posted, whether they were applied to charges or not.
It’s likely you have unapplied payments in that date range which would show on the Deposit Slip but not on the Day Sheet.
To check for unapplied payments, click on the Payments option on the toolbar and then click ‘Find Unapplied Deposits’ from the Options bar on the left side of the screen.
Alternatively, if a payment was posted on December 31 but not applied until January 1, that payment would show on the Deposit Slip for December 31 but would be on the Day Sheet for January 1.
A. This is likely because the scheduled appointment does not have recall transactions attached to it.
To check this, open the patient’s appointment on the scheduler and verify recall transactions are attached in the ‘Service Codes for this Appointment’ section.
A. Great, we can help! To get started, contact support.